March 24 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join experts in the field to learn about the geology and minerals found at some of the outstanding mineral localities within the Southeast. Speakers include:
- Mark Jacobson – The Emerald and Hiddenite Localities of Hiddenite, Alexander County, North Carolina
- Chester Karwoski – Mining History of the Diamond Hill Quartz Mine
- Dr. Stephen Neely – Geology and Minerals from the Elmwood, Gordonsville, and Cumberland Mines
- Jose Santamaria – The Mineralogy and Geology of Graves Mountain
- James E. Starnes – The Geology of Mississippi, Geologic Mapping, and the Discovery of Mississippi’s First Precious Gemstone
Pre-paid reservations are required by March 16, 2018 and includes presentations, breakfast, lunch, and museum admission. See SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATION for more details.