Sports, Recreation and Outdoor Adventures
If you are an adventuring type, or you simply want to find some great spots to capture memorable outdoor photos, Cartersville provides amazing outdoor scenery in every season with an extensive trail system, scenic lakes and beaches, and the beautiful Etowah River. Just an hour’s drive north of Atlanta, seasoned adventurers and weekend warriors can find what they are looking for in the scenic landscape of this peaceful community.
As home to Allatoona Lake, Etowah River, and Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville boasts diverse scenery to be enjoyed on land or on water. In addition to nature’s bounty that surrounds the city, you’ll find sports parks, day-use areas, LakePoint Sporting Community, and Terminus Wake Park offers even more fun and adventure to your trip.
Activities for Everyone
It is not hard to plan a fun-filled day for the whole family in Cartersville, since there is something for everyone to enjoy. After taking in some historic sites or the city’s museums, you might head out to explore any of the following activities year-round.
- Hiking and Cycling – With more than 20 trails ranging from 850 to 1500 feet above sea level, hikers and cyclists of all levels can enjoy the day exploring pine forests, riverside trails, and 19 th century mining railroad paths.
- Fishing – Allatoona Lake is a 12,000 acre lake on the Etowah River. Known by anglers across the south, Bass fishing here provides the greatest thrill. Area outfitters can supply all your fishing needs and hook you up with some of the best local fishing guides.
- Wakeboarding – Terminus Wake Park is a cable-driven venue where you can try out wakeskating, water skiing, and wakeboarding in a safe yet thrilling environment. All the equipment you’ll need is available to rent on-site.
- Boats, Kayaks and Canoes – The Etowah River Trail can give you a unique vantage point of the scenic landscape of Cartersville as you paddle down the leisurely waters of the river. Euharlee Creek Outfitters provides guided trips, shuttles, kayak/canoe and tube rentals for a relaxing day on water. For more adventurous boating excursions, visit one of the local marinas for pontoons, party barges, jet skis, and more.
- Golf – Both Barnsley Resort and Woodland Hills Golf Club offer public courses with world-class amenities surrounded by the beautiful Appalachian landscape of North Georgia.
- Play – LakePoint Station is a family entertainment center that offers Clip ‘n Climb, miniature golf, arcade games, gem digs, and St. Angelo’s Pizza and pub. Or get in the game at Urban Futbol indoor soccer facility.
If you are planning a trip to Georgia or simply seeking a quick getaway close to Atlanta, look no further than Cartersville for your outdoor adventure. For more information on local sites, attractions, and lodging, call (770) 387-1357 to connect with the Convention & Visitors Bureau.