How would you describe your Valentine?
Just finish the sentence “My Valentine is a _________” to plan a memorable celebration filled with new discoveries in Cartersville, Georgia. Read on for a few hints on how to share your love and friendship throughout the year:
Cartersville is a natural escape for the city weary. Retreat to these stops to make your love feel grounded and refreshed.
- Hike for 11 miles on the stunning Pine Mountain and Coopers Furnace Trail Network.
- Check-in to a newly-renovated Red Top Mountain State Park cottage overlooking Lake Allatoona.
- Taste the Mountains at Appalachian Grill – we suggest the Smoky Mountain Trout.
- Shop Blue Sky Outfitters for the latest gear to embrace adventure or take nature home with a living creation in handthrown Wakefield Pottery from Linda Evans Home & Garden.
Cartersville is home to a baker’s dozen chef-owned restaurants regularly attracting Foodies seeking a host of flavors. See what’s on our plate!
- Check-in to room service + cocktails at Courtyard by Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast with friendly conversation at Doug’s Place, Emerson.
- Lunch inside or al fresco at Ate Track Bar & Grill to get groovy in downtown Cartersville.
- Plan dinner reservations at Table 20; or cross those fingers for a fireside table at The City Cellar.
- Shop It’s About Time Boutique for Waterford Crystal wine glasses or Mountain Gold mugs by renowned Cartersville potter W.J. Gordy; or pick up naturally sourced, ultra-premium olive oil at Olive Tree & Vine; and end with a yummy selection from JZs Taste of Georgia.
- DAY TWO – Dine like a local with brunch at Moore’s Gourmet Market. Stroll Downtown Cartersville’s Art Walk and take in all the Art in Bartow installations; then end with an afternoon pick me up from food truck favorites + local brews at Drowned Valley Brewing Co.
If your sweetie is always on a mission to discover, Cartersville has some delightfully surprising museum experiences.
- Stay at one of Cartersville’s comfortable hotels that are mindful of your budget.
- Visit Tellus Science Museum for amazing exhibits of minerals and gemstones, innovative feats in transportation, and ginormous fossils from land and sea.
- Gain a new appreciation for America’s Story at the Booth Western Art Museum, where permanent and traveling exhibits explore the country’s diverse foundation. If Lovey prefers a greater pre-historic understanding then a visit to Etowah Indian Mounds State Historic Site is a must. Soak up more regional and local knowledge at Bartow History Museum.
- Put a little sparkle in their eyes with a tour of the gleaming chrome and steel featured at Cartersville’s newest attraction, the Savoy Automobile Museum.
- Fuel with brain food at Noble & Main Coffee Co., then lunch at Swheat Market Deli for fresh, vibrant salads, soups and sandwiches. Get your Omega 3s at Maine Street Coastal Cuisine. Try your choice of fresh catch prepared to order with your choice of five delicious sauces.
- Shop for amazing curated gifts in each of the museum stores.
A respite at Barnsley Resort will have you both feeling like royalty.
- Book the Romantic Hideaway Package – Ask if The Inn’s Queen Suite is available.
- The rose petal turndown and sparkling wine upon arrival really makes a statement.
- Pursue those passions with the $200 daily activity credit – maybe horseback riding for two or a couple’s spa treatment? Plus, there’s golf, sporting clays or wing shooting… Make it the sport of Kings!
- You’ll love the breakfast for two and dinner at Woodlands Grill.
Lover of All Things
These “Only in Cartersville” photo ops will remind you what love and friendship is all about.
- See how the gift of friendship was forever etched in stone at Cartersville’s Friendship Monument in the heart of Cartersville’s Friendship Plaza.
- Long before the Coca-Cola Company set its mission to “Refresh the World” and “Make a Difference” the beverage company “taught the world to sing” with its legendary advertising. Did you know the company’s very first innovative advertisement began with a savvy syrup salesman in downtown Cartersville? Be sure to snap a selfie at the World’s First Coca-Cola Wall Sign on Young Brothers Pharmacy.
- You can be part of another mission born in Cartersville by taking home “The best shirt on earth” found at the Love store in downtown Cartersville. The Love creative team is on a mission to share the greatest gift of love across the globe. Discover their plan and do your part on Valentine’s and every day.