Sports Parks in Cartersville & Adairsville, Georgia
In addition to LakePoint Sporting Community there are many first-rate sports parks throughout Bartow County. We invite you to our fields of champions.
100 Pine Grove Road, Cartersville GA 30120
Softball fields, lighted tennis courts, two-mile walking trail with calisthenics stations, football/soccer field and track, pool, outdoor basketball courts, playgrounds, picnic tables and pavilions, and a pond with ducks (duck food available for purchase).
Cartersville Baseball Complex
11 Sugar Valley Road, Cartersville GA 30120
Baseball/softball fields and a one-mile walking trail with calisthenics stations. Nearby Pettit Creek Trail offers an additional 1.5 mile paved walking trail at 168 Cassville Road, Cartersville.
Cartersville Soccer Complex
152 Milner Road, Cartersville GA 30120
Five soccer fields and a playground. Connects to Sam Smith Park via Etowah Riverwalk Trail.
Sam Smith Park
9 Milner Road, Cartersville GA 30120
Three multi-purpose fields, certified 5K course, Senior Aquatics Center, festival area, and the Etowah Riverwalk – a 2.6-mile paved walking/biking trail.
Hamilton Crossing Park
429 Hamilton Crossing Road NW, Cartersville GA 30120
Baseball and softball fields, football and soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, five playgrounds, two picnic shelters, gymnasium, batting cages, and a two-mile paved walking/biking trail.
Manning Mill Park
173 Manning Mill Road, Adairsville GA 30103
Baseball and softball fields, gymnasium, playground, picnic areas, group shelter, five-acre lake and 1.4 mile lighted walking trail.
Joe Cowan Park
100 Euharlee Five Forks Road, Euharlee GA 30120
Baseball, softball and soccer fields, tennis and basketball courts, playground, walking trail, and indoor and outdoor batting cages.
159 Covered Bridge Road, Euharlee GA 30120
Baseball/softball fields, playground, walking trail and picnic pavilions.
Frankie Harris Park
11 Euharlee Five Forks Road, Euharlee GA 30120
Primarily used for festivals, this park features an entertainment pavilion, electrical and water outlets, walking trails and greenspace.
Day Use Areas
There are nine day use areas in Bartow County maintained by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Allatoona Lake and the Etowah River. Several areas offer picnic shelters that are ideal for family reunions, birthday parties and corporate or group gatherings. All are handicap accessible. Facility Use Fees and Boat Launch Fees may apply; annual passes may be purchased. For group picnic shelter reservations call 678-721-6700. Visit Allatoona Lake online for shelter photos, maps and more details. Highlights include:
- Allatoona Lake Visitors Center – open daily, offers overlook of Allatoona Dam and hiking trails descending to Cooper’s Furnace Day Use Area.
- Riverside Park – Home to Etowah Disc Golf, ranked #11 of 120 Georgia disc golf courses. Two picnic shelters accommodating 250 and 75 people, boat ramp, playground, grills and tables, and hiking trail open all year on the Etowah River.
- Cooper’s Furnace – Two picnic shelters each accommodating 75 people, playground, grills and tables, and hiking trails open mid-March-November 30, on the Etowah River.
Local Lakeside Parks
George Washington Carver Park (formerly Bartow Carver Park) is a day-use and event facility operated by the Cartersville-Bartow County Convention & Visitors Bureau on Allatoona Lake at 3900 Bartow Carver Rd, Acworth GA 30102. The park offers a swimming beach, playground, boat ramp, and a large indoor event venue which may be reserved for private events. Day-use hours are as follows:
- The Beach – Open Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. Hours are Tuesday-Sunday 10 AM-6 PM; though Closed Monday, the beach is open Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. Picnic tables and grills are available; however, no other fires allowed. There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk.
- Boat Ramp – Open seasonally dependent upon lake levels. Ramp will be closed if lake level drops below 832′. Lake Level Information: 770-386-0549. Typical open season is April-October, 8 AM-10 PM; Gates will be locked at 10 PM.
- Day Use Park Admission Fee (for beach and/or boat ramp) is $5.00 per car; or purchase and display an annual pass for $40.00.
Learn more about George Washington Carver Park here. For reservations, information, or to purchase an annual pass call 770-387-1357.
Bartow County Lakeside Parks – 770-387-5149
- Bartow Beach is located at Gatewood Park, 224 Bartow Beach Road, Cartersville. Open season is typically May-Labor Day and hours of operation are Tuesday-Saturday 10 AM-6 PM, Sunday 1-6 PM; and open on Memorial Day Monday only 10 AM-6 PM. Admission is $4 per car. Picnic tables are available, however grilling or open fires are not allowed. There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk. For more information call 770-387-5163.
- Gatewood Park offers group pavilions, playground areas, boat ramps, campsites, and shoreline fishing. For pavilion reservations or information call 770-387-5163. Gatewood Park is located at 224 Bartow Beach Rd, Cartersville GA 30121.
- Clark Creek North is located at 5983 Glade Road, Acworth. The park includes 24 campsites by reservation, a lakeside dock, and a swimming beach.
- Camp Cherokee is a 100-acre retreat center of forested land with more than two miles of Lake Allatoona shoreline. Rental options include weekly full-site rentals, two-night rentals and single night rentals. The retreat has primitive cabins, two chapels, a recreation pavilion, canoes and kayaks, a swimming pool, hiking trails, volleyball court, and horseshoe pits all located at 370 Wilderness Camp Rd, White. Call 770-387-5149 for reservations.
166 Sandtown Rd, Cartersville GA 30121